Monday, November 6, 2017

Pleasantly surprised.

A young woman claiming to be a runner caught my attention. She said that she needed help, and seeing as I had nothing better to do at that point, I decided to go investigate the area and possibly find her. Though to be completely honest I wasn't exactly expecting much there. I thought I would find her dead or it was a trap of some sort.
I was not very close to the area in question, so would either have to go through the garden, take the long trip there like a 'normal' person, or use the path. Now I know what you're thinking: wow C you can use the path, when did this happen? And the answer is, that I always could, I just don't care much for the denizens.

Well for obvious reasons I can't use the garden unless I want to get fucked up, and if I travel by foot or bus or whatever else, then if she actually is a runner in trouble then I'm practically ensuring her untimely demise. So the path it was, as much as I despise its very existence. Luckily the creepy fucks there mostly left me alone. I get the feeling that I don't taste so good to them anyway.

So to my surprise, when I got there, there actually was a girl waiting for me. She looked disheveled, and tired but aside from a few minor wounds I'm happy to announce that she's alright. No traps and no trouble are always a welcome surprise to me.

Once we got to a safe location she profusely thanked me for my help. "You're probably interested in why I required your assistance Huh?" she said very quietly, avoiding eye contact with me. I nodded and told her that yeah I was a little curious. She was interesting to me I'll admit. She was so small, and soft spoken. She's about as tall as me but just tiny anyway, almost frail in a way. I really wondered about her story and how long she's been in this life. I figured she had to be fairly new to it, because she just seems so helpless. How could anyone like this survive long alone?

I decided to let her rest and relax a bit, and told her that we could talk things over in the morning. I'll update tomorrow after we have our talk. The both of us are now comfortably residing in a motel so I can take care of her wounds and plan our next steps.

3 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. That's good to hear, although I'd still be wary, no offense to your new friend, of course.

      Delete